MACRA in 30 Seconds
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) does, essentially three things:
- Replaces the Medicare sustainable growth rate formula used to calculate payments to physicians
- Establishes two payment tracks that reward physicians for providing higher quality care
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Advanced Alternative Payment Models (AAPMs)
- Consolidates existing quality reporting programs and adds a new performance category into a single system (via MIPS)
Our MACRA in :30 infographic provides a snapshot of MACRA’s impact on reimbursements and reporting.